Total Dimensions: 7360x2160
Lenovo Group Limited LEN T27p-10 (DP-2) - 3840x2160
Acer K222HQL (HDMI-1) - 1920x1080
ViewSonic VA2013w (HDMI-0) - 1600x900
AMD Ryzen 1700 (8c/16t)
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070Ti Cerberus Advanced Edition
1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus (NVMe)
2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200 (HDD)
3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300 (HDD)
240GB Kingston UV400 (SSD)
Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Color: White)
CPU Cooler: Raijintek LETO PRO + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut (paste)
Memory: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX, DDR4 3200MHz
Network Card: Intel 9301CT
2FA: 2x Yubico YubiKey 4
Keyboard: Vortex POK3R RGB, Cherry MX Brown
Microphone: Blue Microphones Yeti (Blackout Edition)
Mouse: Logitech G403
ASUS 15.6in Vivobook K505ZA
AMD Ryzen R5-2500U
Operating System & Desktop Environment
I use Solus, a Linux-based operating system focused on modern home computing devices and optimized for the x64_64 architecture. As the Experience Lead of Solus, I am involved in working on various technical and community aspects of the project and its software, e.g.
- Primary developer of Budgie Desktop environment
- Maintainer of the GNOME software stack
- Support and development of various platforms and tooling to enable our rolling infrastructure, community engagement, internationalization and accessibility.
- Development of desktop-focused applications to service home computing needs.
My desktop environment of choice is Budgie Desktop.
Integrated Development Environment
My Visual Studio Code is set up with a myriad of extensions, different font and theme, etc. – all broken down below.
Font Family: Fira Sans
Font Size: 18px (22px when streaming)
Icon Theme: Material Icon Theme
Syntax + UI Theme: Gruvbox Dark Medium
Render Whitespace: all
Spaces or Tabs: Tabs, equivelant to 4 spaces.
Zen Mode: Full Screen - Disabled
Zen Mode: Hide Activity Bar - Disabled
Zen Mode: Hide Line Numbers - Disabled
Zen Mode: Hide Status Bar - Disabled
Zen Mode: Hide Tabs - Disabled
Zen Mode: Silent Notifications - Disabled
Here is a list of other various software choices. Some may list multiple depending on usecase.
- Audio Manager / “Music Player”: Koto (WIP, developed by myself in C + GTK4). Sometimes Spotify.
- Communications Software: Collea (self-written, internal atm), Discord, Element (Matrix), weechat (IRC)
- File Manager: Nautilus (until I write my own, work supported by Patrons by the way)
- Mail Client: Thunderbird
- Note Taking: QOwnNotes
- Password Manager: keepassx (XC fork)
- Photo(manipulation), RAW, Vector Editing: GIMP, Darktable, Inkscape
- Shell: zsh with theunraveler theme
- Terminal: GNOME Terminal as my main Terminal. Alacritty when streaming due to OBS Studio’s ability to capture its window contents.
- Terminal Multiplexer: tmux
- Web Browser: Firefox as my main browser due to container tabs. Vivaldi (Snapshot).